St Peter’s CE School is committed to providing a broad, balanced, challenging and creative curriculum which develops the skills, concepts, knowledge and social skills necessary for future learning.
The central aim of our curriculum is to work in partnership with families and the local community to provide opportunities for all children to grow into positive, responsible people, who can work and co-operate with others while developing knowledge and skills, so that they can achieve and live fulfilled lives.
Through a well-planned and organised curriculum, St Peter’s School aims to:
- provide a personalised curriculum that meets the needs of all children by matching learning opportunities as effectively as possible to the needs of each child, including the most able children and those needing support.
- develop confident, disciplined and enquiring learners, able to make informed choices by providing first hand experiences which encourage the children to question, investigate and seek solutions.
- impart clear Christian values in an atmosphere which encourages feelings of self-worth, positive attitudes, sensitivity and an awareness of the needs of others in order for children to become caring, responsible members of a wider community.
- promote respect for our world, and teach how we should care for it for future generations, as well as our own.
- develop a partnership between home and school which is vital to create a happy, secure environment where everyone’s needs are met and all have the opportunity to learn and succeed.